Re: Stupid Database Tricks

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:23:58 -0700

On 11 jun, 22:23, vldm10 <vld..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Jan. You can call me Vlado, because it is pretty different from
> Vadim.

My apologies, I've been away for a while and mistook you for someone else.

> I didn't read "NIAM/ORM" and I have started with these ideas long time
> ago, in my projects. So you can give me some web addresses for these
> theories and I will read it and tell you my opinion.

See <http://www.orm.net> for a starting point. It's probably the data modelling technique / notation with the most research and research literature behind it. If you are serious about thinking about a new data model you should know it, and probably also about anything that goes on in the ER conferences:
<http://er2007.massey.ac.nz/index.shtml?topics>

  • Jan Hidders