Re: constraints and primary keys

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:00:17 -0300

Jan Hidders wrote:

> On 11 jun, 19:56, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Good luck with your search, Jan. Not that my opinion counts or anything
>>but whichever school hires you will be well served. They should be
>>throwing tenure and perks at you.

> Thank you, Bob. Even though I probably cannot use it to beef up my
> resume, I still appreciate it. :-) In a strange way maby even more so
> because we disagreed quite vehemently in the past, and probably will
> do so again in the future.
>
> -- Jan Hidders

The one thing I value most and strive for most in myself is intellectual honesty. You remain intellectually honest even in the face of blatant provocation when I might forgive a little sophistry: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.theory/msg/ff845b5d43c991d4

I used to keep the above post pinned to the wall above my desk to remind me. (It even made the move to PEI with me 2 years ago and I ran across it just the other day, but I did not pin it back up because it was a little worse for wear from the move.)

You are one of the very few people who have had any effect whatsoever on my online behaviour, and you have helped me increase my effectiveness dramatically. I am very grateful for that. Thank you!

Not only do you have my utmost respect -- you have earned it like no other. Received on Tue Jun 12 2007 - 02:00:17 CEST

Original text of this message