Re: Little design mistakes that can be easily avoided (2): Listenning to CELKO (and CELKO alikes)

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 03:27:00 GMT

Bruce C. Baker wrote:
> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
> I was kinda looking for specifics, Bob; in particular, why /you/ consider
> Celko to be an idiot.
>
> At this point, I'm only curious. I'm certainly not defending the man--as if
> he needed defending by the likes of me! I'd hate to see this evolve into
> what we in another NG refer to as a "Provide Proof Or Retract" challenge.

More often than not, when he writes about db "theory", it consists of not much except for name-dropping. That seems like an idiotic interpretation of the word "theory", to me.

When he goes after what certain people such as Date have said, it is amazing how often he misses their point by a mile, this is clear to even a part-time, haphazard, amateur student of theory like me.

If he would admit he is a hacker and stop pretending to be something else, that would be fine with me. Being something of one myself, I get a kick out of trying to understand that mentality up to a point, that being when it comes to hiring one.

p Received on Sun May 27 2007 - 05:27:00 CEST

Original text of this message