Re: OT: Where? and What?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:59:29 GMT

Bruce C. Baker wrote:

> "Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>BB
>><<I can only assume someone has never had the pleasure of speaking to
>>hick muslim from any of the typical broken shit-hole countries
>>littering
>>Islam.>>
>>The incoherence of the above statement is priceless. A perfect example
>>of Anecdotism.
>>
>>Walt
>>
>>>Not true. Every once in a while, a non dominant nation adds arrogance to
>>>the equation...
>>>and promptly gets pounded down by the dominant nations. This happens
>>>quickly enough so that most of us forget.
>>
>>BB
>><<Your assertion is unempirical. America hasn't bother to pound down
>>France or 90% of the other Islamic nations of the world. >>
>>This is *precisely* the arrogance I am talking about. Several moronic
>>Americans are truly convinced that America does not *bother* pounding
>>others and don't realize a second that US *can't* pound other nations
>>as it pleases. Think about it : since WWII in several less armed
>>countries, US has get its butt kicked(Vietnam and now in Iraq). Just
>>imagine what would happen if it was attacking Europe.

Massed armies. Nuclear conflagration. Death on an unprecedented scale. Hardly a worthwhile use of the national treasure.

>>The same morons don't realize that civilization that does not perceive
>>its environment otherwise than by the perspective of force is doomed.

Hey, I didn't introduce the perspective of force. I was countering the delusional fantasy that America (or anyone else) pounds down the arrogant pipsqueaks of the world.

>>As Rome, US is on its way down with all common characteristics.

> And when we hit bottom, the French will be there to greet us.
>
> Are you too young to remember Dien Bien Phu and Algeria, or have you just
> (conveniently?) forgotten?

Let's hope the Algeria comparison doesn't mean we have to import Iraq to North America. Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 22:59:29 CET

Original text of this message