Re: OT: Where? and What?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:04:55 GMT

Bruce C. Baker wrote:

> "Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>>And when we hit bottom, the French will be there to greet us.
>>
>>Gladly!!! We'll be there to kick your butt once more ;)...

Once more? How many times have the French beat the English since Agincourt?

(As good ol

>>friends do to one another from time to time)...Besides, France tried
>>to warn you before going to Irak but you would not listen (too
>>arrogant)...Are we to blame for that?

> Ah, yes, no doubt the same way France kicked the Germans' butts in May 1940!
> I'm sooooo afraid!

Are you aware you are taunting a psychotic? In any case, thank you for provoking Cimode into proving how arrogant the ineffective can be. Even after two major thumpings by their neighbours, the French cling to their arrogance like a child clings to his teddy and pacifier.

>>>Are you too young to remember Dien Bien Phu and Algeria, or have you just
>>>(conveniently?) forgotten?
>>
>>These were indeed sad days for both nations.  When we deny our own
>>principles of justice and liberty we both loose our soul and get
>>punished for it.  Fortunately, France begins to recognize its role and
>>responsability in such tragedy...

> And of course there's always the possibility that France didn't want to
> participate in the occupation of Iraq not because of its high moral and
> ethical standards but because it would mean an end to the lucrative
> under-the-table deals that it had negotiated with Saddam. I'm just saying
>
> Perhaps if monsieur would direct his Gallic wit and massive intellect
> towards the true topic of this newsgroup, /database theory/, instead of
> wasting his many talents in self-diminishing ad hominem attacks against
> those who /do/ add value to the group ...?

Spoilsport! Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 23:04:55 CET

Original text of this message