Re: OT: Where? and What?

From: Bruce C. Baker <bcbakerXX_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:34:22 -0600

"Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1171827912.743503.81510_at_p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

>> And when we hit bottom, the French will be there to greet us.
> Gladly!!! We'll be there to kick your butt once more ;)...(As good ol
> friends do to one another from time to time)...Besides, France tried
> to warn you before going to Irak but you would not listen (too
> arrogant)...Are we to blame for that?

Ah, yes, no doubt the same way France kicked the Germans' butts in May 1940! I'm sooooo afraid!

>> Are you too young to remember Dien Bien Phu and Algeria, or have you just
>> (conveniently?) forgotten?
> These were indeed sad days for both nations. When we deny our own
> principles of justice and liberty we both loose our soul and get
> punished for it. Fortunately, France begins to recognize its role and
> responsability in such tragedy...

And of course there's always the possibility that France didn't want to participate in the occupation of Iraq not because of its high moral and ethical standards but because it would mean an end to the lucrative under-the-table deals that it had negotiated with Saddam. I'm just saying ...

Perhaps if monsieur would direct his Gallic wit and massive intellect towards the true topic of this newsgroup, /database theory/, instead of wasting his many talents in self-diminishing ad hominem attacks against those who /do/ add value to the group ...? Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 21:34:22 CET

Original text of this message