Re: OT: Where? and What?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:38:14 GMT

Walt wrote:

> "Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 16 f�v, 23:02, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
>

>>Cimode wrote:

> so

> too.
>
>>>As most Americans, he means that he has no clue what's happening in
>>>the rest of the world and pretty much relies on nothing else than a
>>>limited distorded stereotypical perception of it.
>>
>>Well, I suspect he's not a Yank.  I've lived in a few places in Europe
>>and Africa and noticed limited distorted stereotypical perceptions in
>>those places too.  Suspect it's the same in the rest of the world.  Must
>>be a bunch of reasons but human nature and the generally flunky press
>>are two.

> In all history, all nations demonstrated stereotypical attitudes
> towards one another but only dominant nations add arrogance to the
> equation....

I can only assume someone has never had the pleasure of speaking to a hick muslim from any of the typical broken shit-hole countries littering Islam.

> Not true. Every once in a while, a non dominant nation adds arrogance to
> the equation...
> and promptly gets pounded down by the dominant nations. This happens
> quickly enough so that most of us forget.

Your assertion is unempirical. America hasn't bother to pound down France or 90% of the other Islamic nations of the world. Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 15:38:14 CET

Original text of this message