Re: approaches for embedding a data language in a general purpose language

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 20:16:17 -0700

On Oct 9, 4:13 pm, "Aloha Kakuikanu" <aloha.kakuik..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
> > Anyone have any opinions, pro or con, about embedded SQL?OK, compare
>
> #sql { INSERT
> INTO person
> VALUES ('999999999', 'Doug Barry');
> };
>
> with
>
> Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
> stmt.execute("INSERT
> INTO person
> VALUES ('999999999', 'Doug Barry')");
>
> Do you see much difference? I don't.

I don't either. However this example illustrates only statements referencing constant values. My expectation would be that the advantage of embedded SQL would be in the integration of variables between host and embedded language.

Marshall Received on Tue Oct 10 2006 - 05:16:17 CEST

Original text of this message