Re: L

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 19:05:16 -0700

paul c wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > paul c wrote:

> >> Not interested in the editorial. Would rather you go and find out the
> >> answer to my question.

> > In order to get the L out of here (where did that subject name come
> > from?), I'll give a guess as I'm not likely to research that right now.
> > [I messed up my ACM membership by signing up for the portal through
> > IEEE and lost access to stuff. I shouldn't do my own admin!]
> >
> > My guess is that the SQL NULL was likely in System/R in 1978, but even
> > if that is the case, it does not mean it was developed independently of
> > Codd. Was '79 his first publication on the topic? When did his 4VL
> > paper come out? --dawn
> >

> instead of wasting time with admitted guesses, why don`t you just answer
> the question and say you don`t know and you have no idea why it matters.
> your topic seems to be newsgroup rhetoric, not c.d.t.

At first I thought you knew the answer and just didn't want to tell me, then I thought you wanted to know the answer and didn't. Ah well. In case it wasn't clear, I do not know the answer to your question. I do think questions about history are interesting and do think it matters, which is why I didn't say precisely what you suggested. <end of topic, I hope> Received on Tue Oct 10 2006 - 04:05:16 CEST

Original text of this message