Re: Terminology question

From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 4 Sep 2006 01:28:23 -0700

Hi Bob. My perspective is that of an application programmer. I just wanted simple names to put on my interface to denote those objects, for easy identification from the user part.

For instance, the user might have a collection of objects he reuses to get connected to a DBMS (those I call "connections").

I was wondering how to call the object which stores both connection info and the user "rule" to extract data (usually a SELECT or a pl/sql program) . It represents at a logical level a bunch of data. Only when actually executed it "becomes" real data.

-P

PS
btw, I am asking because I am italian :)