Re: why hierarchy?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:02:03 GMT

Neo wrote:
>> Without some definition written in independent language, we can't have
>> any assurance that the various examples have any consistency, eg. the
>> same syntax could stand for two different meanings, for all we know,
>> sort of like Alice's friend the king who said a word means whatever he
>> wants it to mean.

> Ok, so you are saying if a dbd user represents a person named Suzie
> whose parents are John and Mary via ...

No, I'm not. I think I need to see some English first and preferably some formal notation outside of dbd script which defines what dbd does, before I can understand the phrase 'dbd user represents a person', as well as the rest of the dbd syntax. I'll have to give up on that until I see something along those lines.

p Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 16:02:03 CDT