Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 13:29:23 -0700

> Without some definition written in independent language, we can't have
> any assurance that the various examples have any consistency, eg. the
> same syntax could stand for two different meanings, for all we know,
> sort of like Alice's friend the king who said a word means whatever he
> wants it to mean.

Ok, so you are saying if a dbd user represents a person named Suzie whose parents are John and Mary via ...

(new 'suzie 'person)
(createWRR suzie parent john)
(createWRR suzie parent mary)

... and when dbd returns Person for following query: (select suzie class *)

... and when dbd returns John and Mary for following query: (select suzie parent *)

....and when dbd returns Suzie for either of the following queries: (select john child *)
(select mary child *)

that what the user meant by John, Mary, Suzie, person, parent, child, etc when entered into the db and writing queries have a different meaning when dbd uses the same words to return answers. Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 22:29:23 CEST

Original text of this message