From: Robert Martin <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:13:05 -0400

On 2006-06-13 08:30:53 -0400, "x" <> said:

> You can isolate SQL and its functionality in a module, but the interface
> will still be dependent of the functionality of SQL if you want to benefit

> from it, I guess.

True, but the interface will only depend on the abstract nature of the SQL functionality. Thus:

Employee* getEmployee(int empId);

I can certainly implement this with SQL, but I could implement it any of a number of different ways too. The caller does not need to know that I am using SQL.

Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email:
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:
The Agile Transition Experts  | web:
800-338-6716                  |