From: Aloha Kakuikanu <aloha.kakuikanu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 10:28:37 -0700

Robert Martin wrote:
> On 2006-06-13 08:30:53 -0400, "x" <x_at_not-exists.org> said:
>
> > You can isolate SQL and its functionality in a module, but the interface
> > will still be dependent of the functionality of SQL if you want to benefit
> > from it, I guess.
>
> True, but the interface will only depend on the abstract nature of the
> SQL functionality. Thus:
>
> Employee* getEmployee(int empId);
>
> I can certainly implement this with SQL, but I could implement it any
> of a number of different ways too. The caller does not need to know
> that I am using SQL.

You mean you have to write some code? Wake up Martin, 60s are over. The task of fetching a list of employees buy some criteria is entirely aoutomated within RDBMS engine. It can even use an index, without changing a single character in a query. Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 19:28:37 CEST

Original text of this message