Re: Possible bridges between OO programming proponents and relational model

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:48:22 GMT

paul c wrote:

> Cimode wrote:
>

>> paul c a écrit :

>> The basic premise of this thread was to suggest that physical issues
>> may restrict faithfull representation of relvars and asking the
>> question on whether OO mechanisms could help ...

> If so, the thread should restrict itself to relvars and OO mechanisms
> (e.g., inheritance).
>
>> ... representation through N-ary physical scheme)...If I am not
>> mistaken a
>> non-sequiturs involve false premice. ...

> I'd say you are mistaken, so 'not mistaken' is a false premise.

Non sequitur does not require a false premise. Sound logical derivations require valid logic and true axioms. However, one can create a non sequitur without any axioms or logic at all:

Lupins grow in my ditch, therefore one should always wear a seatbelt when driving an orange convertible backward.

Memory management units map linear address spaces onto linear memories therefore logical structures in computers are bidimensional.

'Twas brillig therefore the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

etc. Received on Fri Jun 16 2006 - 02:48:22 CEST

Original text of this message