From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:33:46 +0200

On 2006-06-02 10:44:10 +0200, "Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> said:

> "ad hominem": You use that word a lot; I do not think it
> means what you think it means.

(Inconceivable!) I know well what it means.

I have no objection to someone refuting my arguments with their own arguments. My objection is when someone simply says: "That's stupid, you are dangerous, go away."

Now it may be that what I write is "fundamentally incorrect", and that it "misunderstands the proper role and use of a dbms". If so, I'd like to know why. Without that, all we have are assertions about each other's correctness.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com