Re: Programming is the Engineering Discipline of the Science that is Mathematics

From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:23:46 +0300

"Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1149576134.051179.262500_at_h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Math is indeed the only the ultimate tool for validating/invalidating
> computing theory that's why the application of set theory was
> successfull to define RM. But all math is not set theory and set
> theory does not answer all questions expressed as a consequence of
> application of set theory in RM. The same way math is not the only
> area that may help solve computing issues but it is a necessary tool to
> validate all hypothesis expressed, whether they originate from
> empirical reasonning (math) or a natural observation process. (physics
> oriented). I believe that in unknown area that remain to be explored,
> ecclectic approaches should be guided and validated by math not
> burried by it.

I've once written an assembler rutine for copying the character matrices to the display memory. Looking at the code, I observed some constants. I replaced the constants with parameters and experimented with various values. To my surprise, I discovered that the text was displayed in various interesting ways (skewed, right to left, top to bottom, etc). Math is really useful sometimes. Received on Tue Jun 06 2006 - 09:23:46 CEST

Original text of this message