Re: Programming is the Engineering Discipline of the Science that is Mathematics

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2006 05:04:02 -0700

Yeah. Math usually proceeds as follows: you state without proving them axioms that are reasonnable facts. You then define hypothesis that you try to prove through mathematic sub disciplines symbology and other existing theorems in order to demonstrate the existence and validate new theorems based on the accepted axioms.

You may use math to generate new axioms but you are not forced to. Reasonable observation of nature may be a source of axioms. (nature meant as what is around you). OTOH, you must use math to demonstrate your theorems. Therefore math theory is a necessary passage to validate new computing theories.