From: phlip <phlip2005_at_gEEEmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:02:26 GMT

Mikito Harakiri wrote:

> Assertion alone is worthless without solid method that supports it.

Be prepared to respond with whatever solid method you used to support your own current technique. ;-)

> And
> what method OO propellerheads suggest? OR mappers (which essentially
> are reincarnated OODBMS)? What I am supposed to learn 20 something
> ad-hock mapping types instead of 6 clean relational operators? Or worse
> yet, some "pattern"?

An application should have its SQL statements in only a few modules, and all others should be SQL-free.

Note in my statement, you can replace SQL with GUI, XML, ORB, etc, to generally the same effect. The point of modules is to isolate and encapsulate.

Is that so hard?

--
  Phlip