From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2006 12:43:52 -0700

.
> Your eagerness to dismiss everything but your own product clouds your progress.

I don't dismiss, I demonstrate with examples :) Take from the results what you will.

> > nested linked list as the fundamental data structure
.
> Maybe under the hood it is. If so, this is a quite well hidden prolog implementation detail. Trees and other graphs are handled easily in prolog.

It isn't a matter of how well the underlying data structure is hidden. It is a matter of what the underlying data structure will allow one to represent in a general/flexible/systematic manner.

>> using non-data independent references
>
> What do you mean?

Have a conversation with Bob Badour or see Date's books.

>> lack of complete normalization [of things represented]
>
> What do you mean?

Exactly what it says :)

>> inability to use functions (not function outputs) as parameters, meta-data
>
>This is simply not true.

I could be wrong, so please demonstate the following in Prolog:

like (john, mary).
hate (john, bob)

opposite (like, hate)

> Hmm. Not much left of this list. Care to elaborate?

:)

.
> It is important to find a good way of stating requirements. Up to now I don't think you have found it.

:) You are expecting a static requirement. My requirement is how to best meet dynamic requirements (ie like those of an andriod). Received on Sat Apr 29 2006 - 21:43:52 CEST

Original text of this message