From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2006 20:21:54 -0700

> I apologize to you for not being able to spend the time to follow up in detail. That said, I apologize to this forum for taking this thread off in a direction where I cannot complete the exercise.

No need to apologize. Just by posting an actual alternate solution, you got things rolling. I didn't expect you to answer all my questions or post every solution, but I tried :)

> You see, I took up your challenge hoping to show you that other scientists have thought of the same things you have, and that you can really ratchet up your thinking, and perhaps even your tool, if you'd take this opportunity to read their writings, learn from their originality, and, essentially, "stand upon the shoulders of giants." It is in that intent, the intent to shed the light of discovery, that I participated.

:) Believe me you're not the first. I'm a rather stubborn person and have a long list of names from others to prove it. And while you were trying to show me that it has already been done before, I was trying to show you that it hasn't, but it takes a few iterations to expose this. For example, the limiting consequence of nested linked list as the fundamental data structure, using non-data independent references, lack of complete normalization, inability to use functions (not function ouputs) as a parameters, meta-data, etc. Some of these cannot be realized in a static example but rather by observing how a methodology's steps to implement the next set of requirements are affected. Consistency/systamaticness in meeting progressive requirements become more of an issue in AI type apps (ie an andriod) which would continually face changing requirements.

> At this point, I buck out. I am working on understanding the correct place
> to put REST services in an Enterprise Architecture that heavily leverages
> SOAP for security, authentication, and audit/log/monitor/control operations
> with the goal of reducing IT portfolio TCO...

:) Sounds like you actually have to work for a living.

> Note: if you want to actually use Prolog in a commercial setting, I would
> suggest that you take a close look at XSB from SUNY...
> Signing off of this thread...

Thanks for your posts. Received on Sat Apr 29 2006 - 05:21:54 CEST

Original text of this message