From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:40:19 +0200

Neo wrote:
[about prolog]
> ... the limiting consequence of nested linked list as the
> fundamental data structure, using non-data independent references, lack
> of complete normalization, inability to use functions (not function
> ouputs) as a parameters, meta-data, etc.

Your eagerness to dismiss everything but your own product clouds your progress.

  • nested linked list as the fundamental data structure

Maybe under the hood it is. If so, this is a quite well hidden prolog implementation detail.
Trees and other graphs are handled easily in prolog.

This is simply not true.
The examples you gave were not specific enough. Maybe the way it is done in prolog (meta-programming) is not the way you need to go about - but you don't yet have the facts to judge this.

  • etc

Hmm. Not much left of this list. Care to elaborate?

> Some of these cannot be
> realized in a static example but rather by observing how a
> methodology's steps to implement the next set of requirements are
> affected. Consistency/systamaticness in meeting progressive
> requirements become more of an issue in AI type apps (ie an andriod)
> which would continually face changing requirements.

It is important to find a good way of stating requirements. Up to now I don't think you have found it. Received on Sat Apr 29 2006 - 13:40:19 CEST

Original text of this message