Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 02:37:24 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133996383.339868.79430_at_g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> I'm happy to be called a Pickie, but I'll confess I've only been in
> management in the Pick world. They might have adopted me by now, but
> I'm only willing to claim expertise in CICS COBOL (and maybe Fortran
> and Java, plus IMS, Oracle, and MySQL, and I guess a few more). I
> think Mike might be a real Pickie, however.

I think I've been interpreting your comments in the wrong context. If your view has been driven by a management perspective, then I need to compare your comments to those of a manager who, for one reason or another, has confidence in the relational data model, and some SQL-DBMS products.

Comparing management comments on one side of the argument with the comments of technical leads on the other side is like comparing apples and oranges. Received on Fri Dec 09 2005 - 03:37:24 CET

Original text of this message