Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2005 19:21:05 -0800

David Cressey wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > I'm happy to be called a Pickie, but I'll confess I've only been in
> > management in the Pick world. They might have adopted me by now, but
> > I'm only willing to claim expertise in CICS COBOL (and maybe Fortran
> > and Java, plus IMS, Oracle, and MySQL, and I guess a few more). I
> > think Mike might be a real Pickie, however.
>
> I think I've been interpreting your comments in the wrong context. If your
> view has been driven by a management perspective, then I need to compare
> your comments to those of a manager who, for one reason or another, has
> confidence in the relational data model, and some SQL-DBMS products.

That sounds like an "I'm just gonna blow you off" comment ;-) Did I read that right?

> Comparing management comments on one side of the argument with the comments
> of technical leads on the other side is like comparing apples and oranges.

You can write me off like that if you like, but comparing one manager to another might also be like comparing apples and oranges. I'm a mother too, so perhaps you should compare my comments to those of other mothers you know.

And besides, David, I know you can tell I've been a hands-on, heads-down developer, and I think you know I think rather like one. Smiles. --dawn Received on Wed Dec 28 2005 - 04:21:05 CET

Original text of this message