Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2005 15:04:52 -0800

Frank Hamersley wrote:
> David Cressey wrote:
> > "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> [..]
> >
> > Frank and Jon,
> >
> > This discussion, in various guises, has been going on for years now between
> > Dawn and me.
>
> <NotStructured><OT>not "and I"? (not quibbling - I nearly failed English
> and need the +ve reinforcement)!
> </OT><SpecialValueCount>0</SpecialValueCount></NotStructured>
>
> I know! - having waded thru '000's of posts.
>
> One thing does worry me tho - perhaps Dawn is right - given she has so
> much time to craft responses

and here I thought I was slipping. David would have me beat at least in the past few months, I'm pretty sure ;-)

> (many of which a multilayed

I don't know the word, but make enough typos myself that I'm guessing "multilayered"?

> to the trained
> eye) - or perhaps demand for Pickies is simply declining.

I'm happy to be called a Pickie, but I'll confess I've only been in management in the Pick world. They might have adopted me by now, but I'm only willing to claim expertise in CICS COBOL (and maybe Fortran and Java, plus IMS, Oracle, and MySQL, and I guess a few more). I think Mike might be a real Pickie, however.

IBM U2 (IBM's Pick products) suggest significant annual growth, but I don't know if it is from "the outside" or from ports from other Pick products.

And I probably write a lot because as one of my mentors said (who a decade later become my employee) "You sure do type fast, but girls do. That's why they make good secretaries." (He was explaining why I wrote code faster than he did.) Cheers! --dawn