Re: Just one more anecdote

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2005 16:18:30 -0700

Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> On 29 Jul 2005 08:38:13 -0700, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Marshall Spight wrote:
> ><snip>

> >> Now, I don't think she's trolling or anything; she clearly
> >> believes the positions she puts forward. But I've seen her
> >> long enough to know that she knows just what she's doing when
> >> she drops one of her real zingers in there. Why, just the
> >> other day she casually referred to a project moving to a
> >> SQL database as "downgrading."
>
> She knows what she is doing and is deliberately goading. That is
> trolling.

I'm here to learn and I express my honest opinions about the topic of this newsgroup. Folks like you, erk, mAsterdam, laconic2, David, Marshall, Jan, mountain man, CELKO, Kenneth, Mikito, Alfredo, Paul, paul c, Jon, and numerous others have been excellent teachers.

If you write a FAQ for this newsgroup that is generally agreed upon and that limits the topics or viewpoints to the RM and SQL then I will figure that is the scope and participate or not accordingly. Until then, you are free, as always, to disregard any of my chatter.

> >And I see now that my parenthetical joke-ish was what David commented
> >on as claiming something as fact that had not been proven. If I had
> >understood that, I wouldn't have been perplexed.
> >
> >I put comments like that in to keep from being too dull, to trip those
> >collective buttons, and also because it helps some personality types
> >stay safe with their RM theories because they can write me off
> >altogether as clearly either stupid or ignorant.
>
> Do you realise how condescending that is?

I gather you just mean the last comment. I hadn't thought of it that way. I figured it was a service to the reader. But in any case, it is just my personality, which is clearly a bit flawed given this hobby of mine, eh?

> Sincerely,

Thank you for your sincerity. I would hope you could also recognize mine.
cheers! --dawn