Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2004 07:41:25 -0800

> That link doesn't work. I think you forgot to include the .com part of the
> URL. Unfortunately, if I add this I can only download the input to
> recreate your example, not XDb1 itself (as you imply in your text).

You are correct. The example and db are at www.xdb1.com/Example/Ex076.asp
and the executable is at www.xdb1.com/Download/Default.asp

Please provide a link where people can download your script.

> Fortunately, I still have a copy of XDb1 beta v4.4.7.

You have an older beta version compiled under debug mode. The current version is 4.6.3. Try your solutions (RM#1 or RM#2) with Oracle on your 1.3 GHz desktop. Maybe it wouldn't be nearly twice slower than XDb1's solution running on a 5.6X slower 0.233 Ghz PocketPC. In addition, your solution is not as generic as XDb1's as it cannot handle the two case (and there are many more once) without redundant data and NULLs. Please improve your solution further. Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 16:41:25 CET

Original text of this message