Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:21:44 -0500

"Neo" <neo55592_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b45d3ad.0412021604.6981edc7_at_posting.google.com...
> > > ... the thread title "Database planning - Hierarchical Problem"...
> > > Also, I would like to see a complete/fullDeveloped DBMS's
> > > equivalent of [XDb2's] sample queries.
> >
> > Why? It's just standard SQL. There's nothing tricky about it.
>
> Then how difficult could it be for you to post the standard SQL that
> performs the equivalent of XDb2's queries (allowing each person to
> have various properties, classifications, etc). Example query shown
> below:

It's not difficult. I have already done so and have absolutely no intention of doing so again. It would be REDUNDANT.

> // Find person who is a doctor and engineer,
> // whose boss is someone whose employee is republican.
> // Finds donna.
> SELECT %.cls=person & %.profession=doctor & %.profession=engineer &
> %.boss=(%.employee=(%.party=republican));
>
> Then we can further compare if the initial queries continue to work as
> new things are represented.

We already have, and every single challenge you presented was met. You are just plain wrong, and canot admit it. Speaking of challenges met, you still owe Hugo $1000. Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 16:21:44 CET

Original text of this message