Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:57:59 +0100

On 3 Dec 2004 07:41:25 -0800, Neo wrote:

>> That link doesn't work. I think you forgot to include the .com part of the
>> URL. Unfortunately, if I add this I can only download the input to
>> recreate your example, not XDb1 itself (as you imply in your text).
>
>You are correct. The example and db are at
>www.xdb1.com/Example/Ex076.asp
>and the executable is at www.xdb1.com/Download/Default.asp

Hi Neo,

That's the wrong version of the executable (4.6.3). The challenge was made when v4.4.7 was the most recent version. That was the version I had to beat. Please show me which part of the challlenge indicated that I should also beat future versions of XDb1.

>Please provide a link where people can download your script.

Again? Well, if you wish...

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl2529170390d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&selm=mts4b09m5olm07v0b9ppienrdk8au4md6c%404ax.com&rnum=101

>> Fortunately, I still have a copy of XDb1 beta v4.4.7.
>
>You have an older beta version compiled under debug mode. The current
>version is 4.6.3.

So what? 4.4.7 was the version I downloaded from your site when you set the challenge. That's my benchmark.

If anybody actually takes the time to read through the monster thread we already had on this subject, (s)he'll see that you started churning out newer versions of XDb1 in record pace AFTER it became clear that I had beaten you.

(snip)
> your solution is not as generic as XDb1's as it cannot
>handle the two case (and there are many more once) without redundant
>data and NULLs.

It handles the situation you outline in your challenge. That's the only requirement to qualify for $1000.

> Please improve your solution further.

No problem! - after you settle your still unpaid debts AND (due to your bad debtor status) provide a down payment for this new assignment.

Best, Hugo

--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)