Data structure for indexing on multiple keys.

From: Shankar <shankar_at_xyz.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:15:34 +0530

Hi,

    I have fair knowledge of B-tree and hash indexing mechanisms. What data structure/algorithms should I read upon if I want to create indexes on multiple keys of a same relation? For e.g if a Employee relation has EmpNo, EmpName, EmpSalary, EmpDepth attributes & users can query on any of these attributes. Do I create separate B-trees for each key?

    Please note that this is not about composite keys but supporting multiple keys for searching. Thanks in advance for inputs!

Regards,
Shankar Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 14:45:34 CEST

Original text of this message