Re: Oracle and PICK

From: Christopher Browne <>
Date: 17 Apr 2004 12:03:14 GMT

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when mAsterdam <> would write:
> Who cares wether arguments come from a religious/dogmatic perspective,
> a marketing perspective or ignorance, as long as they are on-topic and
> put forward in a respectful way. Please don't top-post.

Personally, I'm in the "against stupidity" camp.

I think it's pretty stupid when one person presents a schema, such as   create table 3d_foo (x integer, y integer, z integer);

And then someone else asks "So, what's the schema?"

The schema was, of course,
  create table 3d_foo (x integer, y integer, z integer);

Someone that isn't sharp enough to notice that is more than likely not sharp enough that they should be visiting comp.databases.theory, and claiming much of anything about any would-be difference between Oracle and Pick.

Like, "duh, the schema was create table 3d_foo (x integer, y integer, z integer);"

(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn" "_at_" "enworbbc"))
"...  They are  not ``end  users'' until  someone presupposes  them as
such, as witless cattle." -- <>