What is a model?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:54:51 -0400

"A model is a metaphor". This is a good metaphor for what a model is. But it isn't a very good model of a model.

I recently ran across this definition of a model, and I'm in the process of digesting it to see if it helps me or not.

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/ASC/MODEL.html

Your thoughts? Received on Sat Apr 17 2004 - 08:54:51 CDT