Re: object algebra

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:40:03 -0500

"Eric Kaun" <ekaun_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:992%b.17635$ZB6.7856_at_newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> "Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com> wrote in message
> > "Eric Kaun" <ekaun_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > If Mary has no eyes, then the definition of a person as having eyes is
> > > flawed.
> >
> > The c.d.t actively promotes and is committed to ensure a work
environment
> > that is free from any discriminatory influence be it actual or
perceived.
> As
> > such, it is the c.d.t expectation that our posters make a concentrated
> > effort to ensure that any article that are provided to c.d.t. do not
> possess
> > or portray an image that may be construed as offensive or defamatory in
> > nature.
> >
> > One such recent example included the posts where the words "no eye"
> appeared
> > to identify the female sources. Based on the cultural diversity and
> > sensitivity of c.d.t., this is not an acceptable identification label.
> >
> > We would request that each poster review, identify and remove/change any
> > identification or labeling of terms or schema thereof that could be
> > interpreted as discriminatory or offensive in nature before such article
> is
> > posted or otherwise provided to any c.d.t. thread.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.
>
> Is this a joke? Seriously - you're kidding, right?
>
> If I labeled, stereotyped, portrayed offensive images, etc., kindly point
> them out. The quoted text above is evidence of none of those, as far as I
> can tell. The inference is yours, and based on no implication of mine.

Eric,

Mikito is one of the very few true contributors in this newsgroup. Since Jan got busy, I'd say we are down to Mikito and Vadim, which is fewer than it sounds.

Yes, Mikito has a good sense of humour. He has earned my respect, and he has certainly earned the right to kid a little. Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 00:40:03 CET

Original text of this message