ODBC: Is there something called text/csv database?

From: Public Interest <test_at_test.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:43:25 GMT

As I open "driver" for ODBC, there is something called "Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)"

Ok, I understand that a .csv is, but I don't understand how ODBC will run SQL on a .csv.

Perl has something called DBI which means it is database independent. Can I assume that ODBC/DBI is an interface to MySQL, Access, and CSV? Then will DBI act the same regardless what it connects to (Text, CSV, MySQL). If so then there is no difference between any database systems. If not so, if I use the driver for text database, what limitations will I have? Such as can I specify "integer, string, binary" etc for each field. How I can add line...

Can I get a reference for all commands I can use for each database driver under ODBC/PerlDBI?

By the way, do I connect PerlDBI to ODBC or DBI can replace ODBC?

Thank you. Received on Fri Dec 19 2003 - 16:43:25 CET

Original text of this message