Re: Creating a Trouble Ticket

From: stu <smcgouga_at_nospam.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:19:37 -0000

"--CELKO--" <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com> wrote in message news:c0d87ec0.0302031346.7f0c1da5_at_posting.google.com...
> >> Any idea how to implement the running number or the service
> request? <<
>
> One idea is to build a table of ticket numbers, like one of those
> bakery shop machines with the tear off paper tickets.
straight forward.

What an easy, yet simple and effective solution!

I frequently come across great simple solutions like this. Other solutions have involved creating a Sequence table to dish out Invoice numbers that need to be sequential and a table to hold system settings Settings(Setting VarChar(20), Value VarChar(100)).

Are there any books/urls that document such innovative solutions?

Cheers
Stu Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 10:19:37 CET

Original text of this message