Re: hospital management system

From: 9rowzn01i001 <9rowzn01i001_at_9rowzn01i001.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:46:27 +0000 (UTC)

"amit" <amit_arya_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e109e134.0206180412.3b10461f_at_posting.google.com...
> i am a beginer for database programing/designing
>
> as per to my ciricullum i am assigned to develop a hostipal
> automation/management system.
>
> i would like the groups advice and help for identifing the various
> identities and relationships so that an efficient ER diagram can be
> made and hence a nice database.
>
> if any one knows for where i can find resourses for my project or any
> one who has worked on similar project please help me out and if
> possible share the your information with me.
>
> thankx and looking for a early and helpful replies
> -Amit

When I was doing my research on OODB performance some years ago, I had the good fortune to have worked for a very short time with St. Mary's Hospital, London. They were using something called the Cosmos Clinical Process Model (CCPM). This was developed as part of a National Health Service (NHS) initiative in the UK. It is a very high-level model of clinical healthcare and the guys at St. Mary's implemented a part of it as proof of concept. I just did a search at google and there are plenty of online references, etc. Martin Fowler (of Analysis Patterns fame) worked on the original project and I think covers parts of the CCPM in his books.

The point to note is that it is a generic model. It is also high-level. It may be overkill for what you are trying to do and maybe there are better sources of information.

vr

--
akmal chaudhri

IBM developerWorks - http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/