Re: Generic Modeling

From: James <jraustin1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2002 12:45:18 -0800

> > > First, 100 randomly arranged objects are not very useful.
> > Maybe not but sometimes reality is that way and chaos is the norm not
> > order
>
> Are you using "random" in its dictionary meaning, or are you using it
> to mean "in arrangements that I cannot predict ahead of time"...I mean,
> show me a useful piece of code that reports on randomly arranged data?
> How can a person or individual benefit from this? This is a "data" vs
> "information" argument.

I meant along the lines of "in arrangements that I cannot predict ahead of time". For example, a manufacturer like GM owns various pieces of equipment. The equipment can get moved around to various parts of a hierarchy that might represent GM and the hierarchy itself changes over time.

MfgFolder
  GM
    NorthAmerica

      USA