Re: Generic Modeling

From: James <jraustin1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2002 13:05:40 -0800

> Actually, if anybody has a large amount of test data that has any kind
> of structure to it (preferrably with a lot of relationships between
> various objects, and many instances of many different classes), I
> would be interested in working with you to do a benchmark, although
> the results would hardly be definitive. I have written some Oracle9i
> code (very, very simple, as it is just a prototype for me) using the
> "THING" table approach that I would use in my tests.

Here are some existing benchmarks that might be applicable. I am willing to create new ones as needed.

www.xdb1.com/Benchmark/3.asp
Time (1.8s) to rollup statistics (Avg, Sum, Count, Min, Max, StdDev) of a property for 480,000 objects arranged in a 9-level hierarchy.

www.xdb1.com/Benchmark/4.asp
Time (5.6s) to rollup sum of a property for a given object via 1 million references. The 1 million references are arranged in folders 6 levels deep. The reference is to a Car composed of a Chassis, 4 Tires and 5 Nuts per Tire. The weight of Chassis, Tire and Nut are defined in the base classes as static properties. In addition, the Car has references to two passengers each with a weight.

www.xdb1.com/Benchmark/4.asp
Time (242 ms) to copy the below complex structure 1000 times: Each Manufacturer can sell cars in Countries. Each Country can have States.
Each State can have Cities.
Each City can have Dealers.
Each Dealer can have Cars.
Each Car is composed on a Chassis, 4 Tires per Chassis, 5 Nuts per Tire.
Each car has a default color property of Silver. Each sub part of the car has a cost.

www.xdb1.com/Benchmark/7.asp
Time (16 ms) to traverse a deep hierarchy (10,000 levels).

www.xdb1.com/Benchmark/8.asp
Time (4 ms) to traverse a deep hierarchy (1,000 levels). Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 22:05:40 CET

Original text of this message