Re: DB comparison case (in)sensitivity ordering

From: Nis Jorgensen <nis_at_dkik.dk>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:28:32 +0100

On 26 Nov 2001 18:01:46 -0800, 71062.1056_at_compuserve.com (--CELKO--) wrote:

>Where to start? There are no "fields" in SQL; tables have columns and
>columns are very different.

Is that so, Mr Celko? I thought tables had rows, and rows had columns (sorry, couldn't resist).

>The reason this is important is that your whole approach
>is based on a file (i.e. records and fields) approach.

I have seen similar statements of yours several times, and I believe it to be WRONG. You seem to think that there is a functional dependency

"Words used by a person" => "Way the person thinks"

Please give evidence for this, or modify your statements.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot: Please correct your quoting style to follow the common standard.

--
Nis Jorgensen
Amsterdam

Please include only relevant quotes, and reply below the quoted text. Thanks