Re: DB comparison case (in)sensitivity ordering

From: Nis Jorgensen <nis_at_dkik.dk>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:41:32 +0100

On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 17:45:49 GMT, "David Cressey" <david_at_dcressey.com> wrote:

>> Is that so, Mr. Celko? I thought tables had rows, and rows had columns
>> (sorry, couldn't resist).
>
>I think you should have resisted. Rows do not have columns. Tables have
>columns, as well as rows.

I quote Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties 2nd edition, page 8:

"Conceptually, a table is a set of zero or more rows, and a row is a set of one or more columns."

I think I remember that he goes into more depth about this in "Data and Databases".

--
Nis Jorgensen
Amsterdam

Please include only relevant quotes, and reply below the quoted text. Thanks