Re: B*-trees

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:03:31 +0100

Christoph Rupp wrote:
[SQL solutions for storing an inheritance structure] Your 2 solutions look like they could work. There are O-R mapping tools that do similar tasks. But why complicate things and not use or build an OODB right away?

> Both solutions require discipline of the programmer, and this is always a
 BIG
> drawback :)

;-)
You are arguing for me.

> I have a list of goals, written down in an excel sheet about 3 years ago.
> Writing software is part of them:
> - it's my hobby and i like it
> - it will give me experience and i may get a better job :)

You are not studying computer science?

> One month ago i have written a list of 20 programs i want to write till my
> studies are over. I guess the list is far too long and some things will
 have to
> be skipped. But now i already have two of them nearly finished.

Your hobby might be your job in the future.

> I'm 10 years younger then you but I may give you the best advice i can
 ever
> give: Get rid of your TV.

How come that I can post at this time of day?

Regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger