Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:18:57 -0600

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message <snip>
> You just can't take
> a DB2 app on Windows and move it to OS/390 without recompiling. That's
> not an insult ... it is a fact.
> --
>
> Daniel Morgan

You can't do on Oracle either, because very few (if any) companies use Oracle on OS/390 to run their business (even though they have managed to sell a few hundred licenses). I once asked Oracle for references of Oracle on OS/390. They gave a list of 5 Fortune 100 companies. When I called the companies to get a reference, no one of the companies was actually using it. Received on Sun Sep 14 2003 - 00:18:57 CEST

Original text of this message