Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:25:46 -0600

--

>Daniel Morgan
The 10% of DB2 code that is different between OS's is the OS specific stuff. There is a lot of OS specific stuff like disk I/O (especially to raw devices) and how the programs uses processes vs. services, security, etc. You seem to lack fundamental knowledge of the products interface with the OS. Oracle does it the same way.