Help needed getting BC4J in Jdeveloper to recognize Rowid and Primary Key info in a MySql database

From: yosarian_espo <yosarian_espo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 19:25:05 -0700

I am walking myself thru the online tutorial in the current release of JDeveloper (9.0.3 Release 2) for creating a BC4J application using the "Business Component Package Wizard". The database I was going to use is a MySql (v 3.23.49) with a few simple tables with data. Each table has a column that is "User Defined Data Type" of ROWID with attributes of primary key, not null and auto Increment.

I am able to go thru the entire wizard, but when I run it at the end to get the created business components, I get this error message instead:

oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboException: Entity creation failed for the following Database Object. No primary key attributes and does not support ROWID. Use the Entity Wizard to create the Entity Object.

movies

void oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboException.throwException(java.lang.String, oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboNamedObject, java.lang.Throwable)

JboException.java:81

void oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity.setUniquelyIdentified(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboConnection, boolean)

JboEntity.java:807

oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity
oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuUtil.createEntityFromThread(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboPackage, java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboConnection, boolean, oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuLongOpThread, boolean)

DtuUtil.java:604

oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity
oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.createEntity(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)

PKEntityThread.java:342

oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity
oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.createEntity(oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntitySelection)

PKEntityThread.java:277

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.doEntityViewCreation()

PKEntityThread.java:221

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.createObjects()

PKEntityThread.java:190

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.run()

PKEntityThread.java:173

Any thoughts anout how to fix this or work around it would be very helpful. Thanks! Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 04:25:05 CEST

Original text of this message