Re: Help needed getting BC4J in Jdeveloper to recognize Rowid and Primary Key info in a MySql database

From: AV <avek_nospam_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:00:15 -0400

Hi,

mySql by it-self has no PK. Only with InnoDB (or BDB) it is possible to define PK. Look at MySql-max-4.x. May be it will work.

JDeveloper supports officially only several db, not including mysql.

For educational purposes smallest current download from Oracle would be personal 8.1.7 - less than 300MB and relatively acceptable for low-memory machines. I remember playing with 816 personal on P-120MHz and 48M ram. 9i goes on several CD (>2G).

AlexV.

"yosarian_espo" <yosarian_espo_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d00bb417.0210231825.588952c8_at_posting.google.com...
> I am walking myself thru the online tutorial in the current release of
> JDeveloper (9.0.3 Release 2) for creating a BC4J application using the
> "Business Component Package Wizard". The database I was going to use
> is a MySql (v 3.23.49) with a few simple tables with data. Each table
> has a column that is "User Defined Data Type" of ROWID with attributes
> of primary key, not null and auto Increment.
>
> I am able to go thru the entire wizard, but when I run it at the end
> to get the created business components, I get this error message
> instead:
>
> oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboException: Entity creation failed for the
> following Database Object. No primary key attributes and does not
> support ROWID. Use the Entity Wizard to create the Entity Object.
>
> movies
>
> void oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboException.throwException(java.lang.String,
> oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboNamedObject, java.lang.Throwable)

> JboException.java:81
>
> void

oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity.setUniquelyIdentified(oracle.jbo.dt.objects. JboConnection,
> boolean)
>
> JboEntity.java:807
>
> oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity

oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuUtil.createEntityFromThread(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.J boPackage,
> java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
> oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboConnection, boolean,
> oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuLongOpThread, boolean)
>
> DtuUtil.java:604
>
> oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity
> oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.createEntity(java.lang.String,
> java.lang.String)
>
> PKEntityThread.java:342
>
> oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity

oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.createEntity(oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEnti tySelection)