Re: Help needed getting BC4J in Jdeveloper to recognize Rowid and Primary Key info in a MySql database

From: AV <avek_nospam_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:30:22 -0400

Hi,

All wizard/generators are looking into MetaData for primary keys. "unique" and "not null" will not make a field "pk" as seen by getMetaData(). Again, try mysql-max-4.x. You will trick JDeveloper during wizard and maybe [just maybe] this code will work later with mysql 3.x. I do not thank previous Jdev versions are any good for modern ejb-cmp. Also you can try more universal JDeveloper EE (couple of month free evaluation).

AlexV.

> > Hi,
> >
> > mySql by it-self has no PK. Only with InnoDB (or BDB)
> > it is possible to define PK. Look at MySql-max-4.x.
> > May be it will work.
> >
> > JDeveloper supports officially only several db, not
> > including mysql.
> >
> > For educational purposes smallest current download from Oracle
> > would be personal 8.1.7 - less than 300MB and relatively
> > acceptable for low-memory machines. I remember playing
> > with 816 personal on P-120MHz and 48M ram. 9i goes on
> > several CD (>2G).
> >
> > AlexV.
> >
> > "yosarian_espo" <yosarian_espo_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I am walking myself thru the online tutorial in the current release of
> > > JDeveloper (9.0.3 Release 2) for creating a BC4J application using the
> > > "Business Component Package Wizard". The database I was going to use
> > > is a MySql (v 3.23.49) with a few simple tables with data. Each table
> > > has a column that is "User Defined Data Type" of ROWID with attributes
> > > of primary key, not null and auto Increment.
> > >
> > > I am able to go thru the entire wizard, but when I run it at the end
> > > to get the created business components, I get this error message
> > > instead:
> > >
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboException: Entity creation failed for the
> > > following Database Object. No primary key attributes and does not
> > > support ROWID. Use the Entity Wizard to create the Entity Object.
> > >
> > > movies
> > >
> > > void
 oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboException.throwException(java.lang.String,
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboNamedObject, java.lang.Throwable)
> > >
> > > JboException.java:81
> > >
> > > void

 oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity.setUniquelyIdentified(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.
> > JboConnection,
> > > boolean)
> > >
> > > JboEntity.java:807
> > >
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity

 oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuUtil.createEntityFromThread(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.J
> > boPackage,
> > > java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboConnection, boolean,
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuLongOpThread, boolean)
> > >
> > > DtuUtil.java:604
> > >
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.createEntity(java.lang.String,
> > > java.lang.String)
> > >
> > > PKEntityThread.java:342
> > >
> > > oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboEntity

 oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEntityThread.createEntity(oracle.jbo.dt.ui.pkg.PKEnti