Re: help needed - prog.zip (0/1)

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2002 18:59:00 -0700

giedo.custers_at_worldonline.be (Giedo Custers) wrote in message news:<3d56a6a3.1116650_at_news.worldonline.be>...
> Hello to all
>
> I'm new in this group and I need your help.
>
> I'm a student in Diepenbeek (Hogeschool Limburg) , 2nd year
> informatics
>
> I made a little database using oracle developer 6 and oracle 8i for
> windows 2000/XP.
>
> On my computer (pentium III 550 Mhz Windows XP Pro) it works without
> problems.
>
> This programm is supposed to run on any PC. I tried it on a pentium
> III 650 Mhz Windows XP Home. On this system it doesn't work.
>
> When I want to update a record, I get an alert saying the record
> could not be updated. Then, after clicking the "ok" button a few
> times I get the screen with the updated record. The database
> however wasn't updated: it still contains the original information.
>
> As attached, you find the programm (SCL.FMB) and the creating of the
> tables and sequences (cretabs.sql). Sorry, a lot of it is in Dutch, I
> hope the programm as is gives enough information for someone to find
> the error(s) in it.
>
> Is there anyone who can help me ...
>
> Please!
>
> Jeroen
> (Jeroen Custers:
>
> boechtje_at_yahoo.com
> or
> giedo.custers_at_luc.ac.be (my fathers, as I use his computer for the
> Internet connection)

You have provided very little information.

> On my computer (pentium III 550 Mhz Windows XP Pro) it works without
> problems.

Are you referring to the database, application or both?

> This programm is supposed to run on any PC. I tried it on a pentium
> III 650 Mhz Windows XP Home. On this system it doesn't work.

Once again, what exactly are you referring to?

You have to provide information as to who is the schema owner? Who created all the tables/objects and who are you trying to connect as to do updates and inserts and what are the error messages you are getting?

It would be very difficult to provide any solution without proper information.

//Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 03:59:00 CEST

Original text of this message