Re: help needed - prog.zip (0/1)

From: Giedo Custers <giedo.custers_at_worldonline.be>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:35:29 GMT

First of all, sorry. I'll try to give more information

>> On my computer (pentium III 550 Mhz Windows XP Pro) it
 works without

>> problems.
>
>Are you referring to the database, application or both?

I'm talking about both, the database works properly , using select statements from the sql+ programm.
The application runs without errors or warnings.

>> This programm is supposed to run on any PC. I tried it on

	a pentium

>> III 650 Mhz Windows XP Home. On this system it doesn't
work.

This also refers to both. The select statements work without any problem, an insert works, but UPDATE doesn't work. Not while using sql+, neither by running the application.

I did the installation of oracle on both computers. I used the same usernames and granted them the same privileges. All tables and objects were created on my computer. I've put all my objects in a directory called 'c:\scl\databank'.
Later I used an sql-script to install the tables on the second pc. (See attachment of first post -> cretabs.sql), after this I copied the file 'scl.fmb' (again see attachment of first post) to a directory 'c:\scl\databank' on the second pc.
Later, while running the application, I see the proper data, but it's impossible to update it.
The error message I get is "Can not update record" followed by a number, but I don't know which, sorry.

I hope this information helps more to find the problem. To find the application and the cretabs.sql (used to install the databank) open the attachment of my first post. It is a zip-file because this can be unpacked using windows and linux.

Thanks for helping

Jeroen Custers Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 09:35:29 CEST

Original text of this message