Re: Oracle to DB2 Gateways

From: Jason Burjaw <peerdirect_at_netscape.net>
Date: 2 Aug 2001 13:19:47 -0700

You may also want to consider PeerDirect Replication Engine (PDRE). PDRE provides a robust and scalable replication solution that supports bi-directional replication in heterogeneous environments. With PDRE, each replicated site is entirely autonomous from the others, so that if one or more database servers, machines, or network segments are unavailable, users at the functioning sites are able to continue doing their work; they are not locked out of their system simply because a machine on the other side of the country is not working. This type of reliability means greater productivity for your organization, and brings with it lower operating costs. When the unavailable database servers, machines, or network segments come back online, PDRE continues from where it left off, with no impact on users anywhere on the entire replication network (and without manual administrator intervention). For a comparison of replication technologies take a look at our Comparing Replication Technologies White Paper available at "http://www.peerdirect.com/Products/WhitePapers/ComparingTechs.asp"

Jason Burjaw
PeerDirect, Inc.