Re: DBMS for W2K platform

From: kevinm <kevin.meade_at_thehartford.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2001 08:15:36 -0700

Here's my 2 cents.

We have guys here who work with both sql server and oracle. They have been using both for a long time (would consider them experts in each).  They each point out that both databases have their good and bad points, but in the end they all say the same thing: hands down, ORACLE is way better (they give various reasons). I am not trying to "flame" sql server, just point out what my guys are saying. I am sure there is someone who will say otherwise, but I trust these guys cause I work with them every day. They know there stuff. They also say oracle is cheaper if you know how to buy it (imagine that).

Good luck. Received on Thu Aug 02 2001 - 17:15:36 CEST

Original text of this message